Thursday, January 14, 2010

Newly Created Blog

Well I decided after reading several blogs that I needed to get more immersed in this "world" of blogging. I currently follow several SID / PR related blogs and if nothing else they let me know that I'm not the only one that goes through the daily struggles of an athletics professional.

In this first post I'm going to simply say a few thank you's to the people that have helped me the most thus far in my professional career and development and leave it be with that.

First, I'd like to thank my first boss and the person who got me into the athletics arena, Tom Byrnes. Tom has been a mentor, a friend, and a constant positive voice. No matter what has gone on since I started working for him, he's had my back and I truly appreciate that.

Secondly, I'd like to thank the PSAC SIDs and conference office (even the ones who are no longer in the PSAC) for their dedication to me through one of the hardest phases of my life. I took over the Cal U. SID office in the midst of one of the hardest years on an SID and with all of their help I made it out alive. I learned invaluable lessons and even when I was made an example of, I took it with a grain of salt and chalked it up to inexperience. That group will always be the group that I can look back on to know where I came from.

Lastly, I'd like to thank my fiancee, Erin. While I was already in the industry before her and I decided to even begin dating, if I could even be called that, she was my best friend for several years and was my greatest support throughout college and early in my professional career. She has stuck by me on the long days and late nights and through the good times and bad I know she will always be right here with me.

I will try to keep this blog up to date and if nothing else post a few links to other blogs or articles that I've read that I think are relevant to either the SID world, or just the world in general. I likely won't be touching on political issues or world peace. This is a simple blog from a simple man.

Until next time...this has been my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment